The following instructions are in preparation for IV anesthesia:
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, for eight (8) hours prior to your appointment.
- Please brush and floss your teeth well before you arrive. The night before and the morning of your surgery, rinse with a mouth rinse as prescribed by your doctor.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and be able to drive you home. This person will be given post-operative instructions for you.
- An adult should be prepared to stay with you for 12-24 hours after your surgery.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following your procedure.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low heeled shoes. Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you are diabetic, please bring your glucometer and insulin with you.
- Have ice packs available for when you return home.